Resources - Links of Interest and More
Appalachian State University shares extraordinary cultures with the community at the Annual Diversity Celebration in April in the Plemmons Student Union.
The purpose of the “Window to the World” International Television Service is for students to view television broadcasts from other countries in languages other than English. This variety of non-English programming will benefit students studying the languages and cultures of other countries as well as benefit the growing number of students from other countries studying at Appalachian State. Programming ranges from news and sports to cooking, children’s programming, game shows, music, and other entertainment. Soccer fans were especially interested in this service during the World Cup.
Learn more about our ON CAMPUS Interviews, and other exciting information, see Career Developments website. Career Development
Apply now for scholarships and internship grants.
College students interested in journalism can get specialized training, a paid sports news internship, a scholarship and industry contacts through the Asian American Journalists Association.
The AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students ensures that CPAs of diverse backgrounds are visible in college and university classrooms. The program's goal is to increase the number of minority CPAs who serve as role models and mentors to young people in the academic environment. The AICPA Foundation awards annual fellowships of $12,000 to full-time minority accounting scholars who demonstrate significant potential to become accounting educators.
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Resources for Hispanic Students: http://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/scholarship-guide-for-hispanic-students/
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Resources for Veteran Students: http://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/financial-aid-guide-for-veterans/
The links below are to websites where you can view various scholarships offered through colleges/schools/departments at Appalachian State University. Please note that this is not an exhaustive listing.
- College of Business: http://business.appstate.edu/students/undergraduate-scholarships
- The Office of Student Research - Travel and Research Grants-www.osr.appstate.edu/
- Reich College of Education: http://www.ced.appstate.edu/students/scholarships/
- Art Department: http://www.art.appstate.edu/scholarships.php
- Family and Consumer Sciences: http://fcs.appstate.edu/students/scholarships
- Health and Exercise Science: hes.appstate.edu/students/scholarships
- Military Science: http://rotc.appstate.edu/index.php?module=pagesmith&uop=view_page&id=46
- Nursing: http://www.aftercollege.com/content/article/aftercollege_aacn_scholarship/233025712/
- Technology: http://scholarships.tec.appstate.edu/
- Theater and Dance: http://theatre.appstate.edu/students/scholarships
- Communications: http://www.asucom.appstate.edu/scholarships/index.php
- Hayes School of Music: http://music.appstate.edu/scholarships
- College of Arts and Sciences: http://cas.appstate.edu/students/scholarships.html
- Information about Departmental Scholarships in the College of Arts and Sciences (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, History, Geology, Government and Justice Studies, etc): http://cas.appstate.edu/students/dept_scholarships.html
- Women’s Studies: http://www.ws.appstate.edu/scholarships.html
- Office of International Education and Development: http://international.appstate.edu/education/scholarships/index.php
Students who are applying for admissions to the university will want to refer to this website regarding scholarships for entering students (please note only those students who apply by the deadline to be considered during the first notification period are eligible to apply for most of these scholarships, once you have submitted all of the required application materials a link to the scholarship application will appear on your New Student Guidebook): http://www.admissions.appstate.edu/costs-and-scholarships
Appalachian State University
Office of Student Development
BB Dougherty Administration Building
Boone, NC 28608-2117
What Difference Do I Make?
"Thanks to ASU's Diversity Scholars I am now confident and determined to get to and through college and no one or nothing can stop me." comment by Atiya Ragin of Statesville Middle School after taking part in Appalachian's College Adventure Weekend. read more